Recruiting top sales people is one of the most important tasks of a Sales Manager. Tony Cole, of Anthony Cole Training Group, outlines the TOP 10 List of Recruiting Skills.
Recruiter Role of a Sales Coach
- Recruit the ideal profile. That means you have in writing, the perfect sales profile of the person you need to hire. Be diligent.
- Have a proactive recruiting process that allows you to fill an open slot immediately. Always be scouting.
- Always hire the BEST candidate for the job. Never settle, even if it takes longer.
- Don't be afraid to ask the difficult, fierce questions. It is OK to make them feel uncomfortable.
- Ask behavioral-based questions when you interview. “How did you handle a situation like XYZ…”
- Create an interview environment similar to the environment they will be selling in. If the environment it tough and cold, the interview should be tough and cold.
- Take responsibility. “I as the sales coach, didn’t do a good enough job hiring the right person…”
- Be a good decision maker. Can you make the an exit decision? Tip: As soon as you have the thought “I should replace this person” you should start the process. Don’t fall into the coaching superman trap.
- Manage individual pipelines. Make sure you know the performance of each individual team member.
- Never stop recruiting!
Tony Cole shared some effective interview questions that help you uncover a candidate's weaknesses before you hire them during our spring 6 Pillars of Sales Productivity Pre-Summit Workshop. Read the blog post "Interview Questions To Identify Weaknesses"