Our friend, Dharmesh Shah of HubSpot, recently posted a blog article about the Inc. 500. We thought our readers might also enjoy these fun and fascinating facts about the Inc. 500. See how you compare!
CLICK HERE to download HubSpot's blog post.
Unless otherwise stated, these numbers are for the 2011 list
1) The Inc. 500 list started in 1981, 30 years ago
2) Aggregate revenue of the Inc. 500: $10.5 billion
3) 73% of the Inc. 500 use Twitter
4) Only 9% of the #inc500 don't use social media
5) Washington DC has the most #inc500 companies - 50
6) 21% of the #inc500 were born outside the U.S.
7) Median revenue of the #inc500 companies was $10.7 million
8) Median number of employees for the #inc500 was 51
9) 45% of the #inc500 eat breakfast every day
10) 87% of the #inc500 drive to work
11) 15% of the #inc500 plan to take their company public
12) Only 11% of the #inc500 CEOs are women.
13) 44% of the #inc500 do business oversears
14) 40% of the #inc500 CEOs had an entrepreneurial parent
15) Microsoft, Oracle, SAS, Paychex, eTrade and Intuit have all been on the #inc500
16) 21% of the #inc500 CEOs were born outside the U.S.
17) Average wake-up time of an #inc500 CEO: 6:15 a.m.
18) Average bed-time of an #inc500 CEP: 10:30 pm
19) Fastest growth since their debut on the #inc500: Zappos
20) 70% of #inc500 CEOs would choose flight as their super-power. 30% invisibility.
Here are a few fun facts about EcSELL Institute's leader, Bill Eckstrom.
1. Favorite music is classic rock
2. Loves to hunt and be outdoors. In fact he seems to have a grasp on mother nature and what she is saying and how nature is responding.
3. His favorite book is Centennial
4. You can find him at a local coffee shop, before most people are up, preparing for the day ahead.
5. He started EcSELL Institute because, as a VP Sales in a previous organization, he was not able to find any quality development programs and education specific to sales management. He recognized this need and set out to fill the void. Today EcSELL Institute is the leader in helping Senior Sales Managers build their sales coaching, leadership, and management skills.