What do top performing athletes, CEO’s, and sales leaders all have in common? Actually, they share many desirable characteristics, but perhaps none more important than a deep thirst for improvement and personal development. Perhaps it is a bit counterintuitive, but the people who excel at the highest levels of their professions are generally the first people to raise their hands when it comes to the opportunity to get even better at what they do. Take this article on Tom Brady, who as you know is coming off winning his fourth Super Bowl. Or consider this article from Forbes on how CEO’s are leveraging coaching and professional development to increase their skill sets and in turn their bottom lines. The sales management world is no different and there is an opportunity for sales departments to focus on professional development for their sales leaders.
This May, the EcSell Institute will be hosting our annual Sales Management Academy and Sales Coaching Summit in Scottsdale Arizona. These events are created only for sales leaders, who like the individuals mentioned above, are always looking for proven ways to take their professional careers to the next level. I have written many times before that in order for sales departments to truly maximize sales growth, they need to shift their focus from training sales reps to developing sales leaders. The Academy and Summit this spring is the perfect opportunity to begin this transition. Below are 5 reasons why sales leaders should join the EcSell Institute community this spring:
- It is an event truly created for Sales Leaders – Do you ever feel like you live on an island with the numerous challenges you face as a leader in sales? If so, you are not alone. There are other great sales leaders out there who are experiencing similar unique challenges that you deal with every day. The summit will be a great opportunity for you to share intellectual capital with others who “get” your role and responsibilities.
- Content is based on research and best practice – Everything you learn and absorb at the event will be based on research and proven to drive productivity of sales teams. There is a lot of opinion in the sales world, but here you will be learning about what science proves increases the sales needle from a leadership and coaching role.
- Speakers – How often do you get the chance to learn from world-renowned experts in the area of sales coaching? Check out the line-up here!
- Grow Sales – Sales team performance is a reflection of how sales teams are coached and led. If you believe this statement, it only makes sense for you to spend some time developing your skill sets in order to grow sales and increase your sales team’s performance.
- Location – Perhaps a bit trivial, but if there is one thing I am absolutely sure of it’s that nobody works harder than front-line and executive sales managers. You deserve the time to slow down to speed up and focus on your development. If you are going to make that commitment you might as well do it at the beautiful Fairmont Princess Hotel in Scottsdale.
One thing I have learned from great sales leaders is that they are the first to admit how little they actually know. They are constantly entrenching themselves in on-going learning and development. In that spirit, I will leave you with this quote in remembrance of one of the greatest coaches of all time, “There is a point in every contest when sitting on the sidelines is not an option”. – Dean Smith
Join us in Scottsdale – get in the game this spring!